Thursday, August 26, 2010

8/25 Summer Moon

Okay, sort of gave the night painting, in the backyard, a try and it became more of a memory painting. My booklight just doesn't cut it without some additional light from somewhere. So I went in and then would run out, let eyes adjust, run in and paint, repeat, repeat....

Put out ultramarine, cobalt and prussian blues; alizaron crimson, terra rosa, permanent rose , naples yellow and white. This is 6 x 8" Took about an hour and a half. Sky at the horizon could have been a more silvery gray.

Here are the shaved go-go's helping me paint, even the cat is enthralled with my doings. Probably should have been cleaning up or prepping for tomorrow's dinner. Am having Rico and Faith and Frank Weaver and his wife Alyssia. They are in Chincoteague, a friend is getting married Friday in OC. so I get to see them tomorrow afternoon.

What have you been up to? Any time to paint?






No comments:

Post a Comment